You have an incredible opportunity to make a lasting impact on America’s future by standing with Kappa Delta Sorority to promote the well-being of children in the state of Kentucky and across the country. On November 9th, 2019, the Alpha Xi Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority at the University of Louisville will host its 14th annual Shamrock N’ Run 5K to raise money for the prevention of child abuse through Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky and Prevent Child Abuse America. Kappa Delta chapters across the state have raised over $260,000 million for Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky, and the Alpha Xi chapter at UofL alone has raised over $130,000 since 1997.
Our goal is to raise $35,000 for the prevention of child abuse. 80 percent of the proceeds raised will stay in our community to fund the work being done by Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky. The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America, the leading advocate for preventing child abuse and neglect among our nation’s children since 1972. Since adopting PCAA as our national philanthropy in 1983, Kappa Delta has raised more than $23 million nationally for this important cause. With your help, we can continue to make an impact on the lives of children in our community and nationwide.
This year's Shamrock'n Run: Color Me KD event will be a color run 5k. Color powder will be thrown in the air at each mile marker along the course. Show up in all white, ready to run, and leave covered in color.
Check-in will begin at 10:30 am and the race will begin at 1:00 pm. We can't wait to see you there!
· REGISTER BEFORE OCTOBER 9TH TO RECEIVE A 2019 COLOR ME KD T-SHIRT WITH YOUR REGISTRATION FEE.
· RUNNERS REGISTERED AFTER OCTOBER 9TH WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A 2019 COLOR ME KD T-SHIRT AT THE EVENT.
For any questions, comments or concerns you ca email Madison Messina: [email protected]